Records You've Never Seen Before

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
I'll do this from time to time until I get and post one that someone actually knows.... Weird female vocal LP titled "Like Trolls"

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

I'm uploading some soundclips so I can play too.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

I'm uploading some soundclips so I can play too.

I don't know how to do that high-tech shit

could you just type out the sound of humming a track then?

• I'm uploading some soundclips so I can play too.

Dood, that's going to be off-the-chain-that-is-attached-to-my-Morning-Star.

• nrichnrich 932 Posts

cool and strange tunes

cool and strange tunes

WTF? Details please

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    Weird, I just got back from a private sellers house and was stoked as hell to see an odditie like this one.

"Spider" John Koerner/Willie and the Bees private press album from 1972.

Totally white stock cover w/ stamps saying the band names and personell. Hand done drawings, notes, and track listening. Piece of tape on the jacket holding it closed, and a note explaining all the costs in making the record, studio time, etc.. The makers decided they wanted 2.50 for the record. A whole note detailing this. $2.50 written on the cover and postage to get it across the Cities. Go to put the record on and it's heat warped to shit, but sounds like funky rock. Was #058.

MAJOR LET DOWN. Anyone seen that one?

• Weird, I just got back from a private sellers house and was stoked as hell to see an odditie like this one.

"Spider" John Koerner/Willie and the Bees private press album from 1972.

Totally white stock cover w/ stamps saying the band names and personell. Hand done drawings, notes, and track listening. Piece of tape on the jacket holding it closed, and a note explaining all the costs in making the record, studio time, etc.. The makers decided they wanted 2.50 for the record. A whole note detailing this. $2.50 written on the cover and postage to get it across the Cities. Go to put the record on and it's heat warped to shit, but sounds like funky rock. Was #058.

MAJOR LET DOWN. Anyone seen that one?

yeah I've got that one, it's fairly common. I think it's pretty good actually, except for the lame interludes that go one waaaay too long.

• nrichnrich 932 Posts

cool and strange tunes

WTF? Details please

"A new experience in play along for all instruments"
    Basically instrumental tunes from gospel, rock, funk & dance styles, seemingly all originals.
    A couple tunes are pretty good and one big far and away standout track.

cool and strange tunes

WTF? Details please

Basically instrumental tunes from gospel, rock, funk & dance styles, seemingly all originals.

Year?? Location??

• cool and strange tunes

What a great cover! Would love to hear that shit

• nrichnrich 932 Posts

cool and strange tunes

WTF? Details please

Year?? Location??

I'll look when I get home. Thinking mid seventies?

"Desert Wind"

I found this right before I left Orange County, CA. I have no idea where it's from - there is no info on it at all. Not that I'm super deep or anything, but it's one of the best "real people" lps I've heard. dude sounds like if Johnny Cash had the musical ability of the Shaggs.

"Desert Wind"

I found this right before I left Orange County, CA. I have no idea where it's from - there is no info on it at all. Not that I'm super deep or anything, but it's one of the best "real people" lps I've heard. dude sounds like if Johnny Cash had the musical ability of the Shaggs.

That is RIGHT up my alley....you wanna dig out "real people" stuff....here ya go...

Allen King Keller is some wacked out shit...songs like "Pickin' Chicken Bones", "Groovy Groovy", the anti-drug "Keep Off The Grass" and "Let's Rock And Roll Tonight"...this guy leaves Palmer Rockey in the DUST...........it's from Florida and is on the same label as Heavy Psych Rock monster Bolder Damn!!

I especially dig that he's touting his "King Kareer" Lounge Singer Course on the back of the LP..."soon to be available at your local stores!!

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts

awesome! dude, you NEED to learn how to post MP3s!

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,083 Posts
    I found a local, sealed record the other day at the thrift by this guy, Victor Uman, called "The Celestial Visitor From the Planet Wisdom...The Seven-Point Message for Building the Peace of Mankind". I'm at work, so I cant post up a picture. It's pretty generic, anyway. Blue lettering on a white cover. It first struck me as some Scientology-David-Icke lizard people cult teachings thinly masked as a self-help guide. Nothing cult-like, just a well-meaning dude into some hippie alien stuff.
    It pisses me off I am no longer able to post MP3s as easily . Here's an article, at least:

http://www.riprense.com/Peace.htm

I found a local, sealed record the other day at the thrift by this guy, Victor Uman, called "The Celestial Visitor From the Planet Wisdom...The Seven-Point Message for Building the Peace of Mankind". I'm at work, so I cant post up a picture. It's pretty generic, anyway. Blue lettering on a white cover. It first struck me as some Scientology-David-Icke lizard people cult teachings thinly masked as a self-help guide. Nothing cult-like, just a well-meaning dude into some hippie alien stuff.
    It pisses me off I am no longer able to post MP3s as easily . Here's an article, at least:

http://www.riprense.com/Peace.htm

Music? or spoken stuff?

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,083 Posts
    It's spoken word from 1970

• ....plaese to direct this to

elaboration por favor??

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

....plaese to direct this to

doubt youd wanna hear the whole album. its a crappy lounge group live album, with a pretty original take on "Shaft". its a jazzy version with vibes and shit. one of the cooler private versions ive ehard

As discussed in the psych funk thread...

Aub De Baub

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

some B-Boy christmas soul on this. pretty danceable. i played it for Morroco before so he can comment on it

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts

I've seen (and heard) that record.

You lose, but I hope your soul doesn't turn to vapor.

FUCK! i actually dont think it's hard to find or anything, just never seen it anywhere else before. did you like "shaft"?

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    ...and Scott High School is mad known. It's almost as popular as Kashmere Stage Band. iDOX even lives around the corner from the school. He shoulda been running that shit.

• As discussed in the psych funk thread...

Aub De Baub

simply awesome.