WHY THE F**K DO STARPOINT ALBUMS GO FOR $$$???

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited May 2005 in Record Collecting
This behooves me.

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Bewilders you, behooves is like this sentence "It will behoove you to sell your Starpoint LPs, otherwise Frenchies will come across the pond and tag your crib." They just do, ok? Let it ride, one less LP to keep and flip on eBay!
    T.N.
    PS I don't understand it either. I had my tape all ready and had no need to press record!

• DigginDiggin 319 Posts
    crate diggin in 2005

"hype and wall of fame" vs "good music"

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    This is not like a Ramp or somebody who was on a major label but nobody gave a damn about 'em when their record dropped. Starpoint was a popular group who made a lot of rackords and they obviously printed up lots of copies of these summabitches! I can't even get away from their damn albums when I'm out diggin'... they're EVERYHERE. Yet it seems like most of their lps go for at least a little bank on Ebay. Why, pray tell??? This is very behooving, indeed.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    i have no idea either. and i really can't stand the fascination with "modern soul" of the 80s either.
    but, iv'e been keeping tabs on starpoint recently -- and thier records aren't going for much anymore. but the fact remains -- they still go!
    why?

crate diggin in 2005

"hype and wall of fame" vs "good music"

It's not even about whether the music is good or not... I like some of that Starpoint shite at least as much as I like my Mike Jones records. It's just like but DAMN, ain't this shit kinda common??? Maybe not... I know a lot of stuff that WAS common can dry up seemingly overnight. But with these Starpoint lps, try as I may to avoid them, there they are... staring up at me seductively from their dirty little r&b / soul crates at every record show I go to.

Hey Phil,
    It'd behoove you to pull all those early 80s starpoints when you see em and sell em on eBay!

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Why, pray tell???

Hey Phil,
    It'd behoove you to pull all those early 80s starpoints when you see em and sell em on eBay!

I already been doin' that for awhile now, hommie. This is just a matter of my behoovement, that is all.

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts
    Hey Phil,

I already been doin' that for awhile now, hommie. This is just a matter of my behoovement, that is all.

The "wanting you" album is the only one that is kinda hard to find. Its also the only that goes 50+ regularly.

My went for $49. Stock is crashing!

Soulstrut influence--> Uh, this is a fantastic album. A "must cop!"

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Hey Phil,

The "wanting you" album is the only one that is kinda hard to find. Its also the only that goes 50+ regularly.

I got $102 for that Wanting You LP. Why ask Why?

Jake ... There's a song on one of your A-R mixes that sounds just like Starpoint... but I have yet to find it on one of their records... It has the "Ouuu Boy I love you sooo nevevevea gonna let you gooooo! You're my 1 and only" chorus.

It's mad but I like it.

Hey Phil,

Jake ... There's a song on one of your A-R mixes that sounds just like Starpoint... but I have yet to find it on one of their records... It has the "Ouuu Boy I love you sooo nevevevea gonna let you gooooo! You're my 1 and only" chorus.

It's mad but I like it.

That's not Starpoint but I can't remember what it is exactly. I think its Forecast on RCA but I might be wrong.

Hey Phil,

It's mad but I like it.

That's not Starpoint but I can't remember what it is exactly. I think its Forecast on RCA but I might be wrong.

BOOOOOOO!!! You're worse than me when it comes to remembering song titles.

Hey Phil,

It's mad but I like it.

Lol. I'll try to look when I get home. Those curl albums all look the same and I get them confused a lot.

Hey Phil,

It's mad but I like it.

Lol. I'll try to look when I get home. Those curl albums all look the same and I get them confused a lot.

Actually ... You're right. Thanks!

FORECAST 1/FORECAST  LP(RCA PL-18031)

You're My One And Only

Look and sound like a Starpoint clone for sure except one guy needs a "Zildjian" ball cap and another Brothers Johnson shades.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    This behooves me.

The most obvious answer has not been given, and that is they are the object of someone's desire.

C'MON, A DRUM ROLL EVEN?

• anthonypearsonanthonypearson 2,442 Posts
    ok...

here is the deal.

starpoint albums are red hot and sell great because they are really good records.

bottom line.

it may not be your sound but i like it and all it takes is a listen to find out how solid those records are. wanting you is solid like nearly every track.

those are great records ( to my ear at least ).

ap

ok...

here is the deal.

starpoint albums are red hot and sell great because they are really good records.

bottom line.

it may not be your sound but i like it and all it takes is a listen to find out how solid those records are. wanting you is solid like nearly every track.

those are great records ( to my ear at least ).

ap

I'm a Starpoint fan, who said it wasn't my sound?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    their "restless" cd also goes for around the 80 mark

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I'm fairly bugged out on the Starpoint value system as well. I know I must've seen that LP at least 10 times in the last couple years while digging. Hard for me to swallow the idea that its supposed to be a $50 LP. Good Album but far too common to be worth more that $20 IMO

I'm fairly bugged out on the Starpoint value system as well. I know I must've seen that LP at least 10 times in the last couple years while digging. Hard for me to swallow the idea that its supposed to be a $50 LP. Good Album but far too common to be worth more that $20 IMO

I can understand it to a degree, since most people were buying cassettes, and records were almost secondary for some people (probably the same reason hip-hop from the same era pops up more frequently.

But you are right, what I consider fairly common (even in this shithole) may not be in other places.

• Why, pray tell???

GOD DAMN, WEREN'T THERE LIKE HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF THESE SUMMABITCHES PRESSED UP????? Ah, well, whatever... like the man said, why ask why. I can't wait for the day when "Thriller" becomes a hot commodity! I will be RICH BEYOND MY WILDEST DREAMS.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    i have no idea either. and i really can't stand the fascination with "modern soul" of the 80s either.
    but, iv'e been keeping tabs on starpoint recently -- and thier records aren't going for much anymore. but the fact remains -- they still go!
    why?

Damn! Why you wanna hate on modern soul? U MAD DOGGIE!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Damn! Why you wanna hate on modern soul? U MAD DOGGIE!

please to send all these LP's to West Covina.

BTW is the the Ozone with "Let Ozone Take Your Mind"?

• Modern soul

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    perfect timin and don blackman please

• You forgot to reverse the "a" and the "e" in the word "please".

perfect timin and don blackman please

• MangomanMangoman 549 Posts

please to send all these LP's to West Covina.

BTW is the the Ozone with "Let Ozone Take Your Mind"?
    No that is not the one.... I will see if I can find an image...

• MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
    Its on the LiL'Suzy LP, dog they don't even have a brother or Sister on the cover, just the chick from Napolean Dynomite, on the cover....