albums you've sold only to buy back later

edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
this happens to me a lot. 1) buy a record on someone's recommendation2) i don't feel it so i sells or trade it3) years later i hear it again, say "what's this? it's good"4) buy it backhere are two that jump to mind

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

many times

• this happens to me a lot.

1) buy a record on someone's recommendation
    2) i don't feel it so i sells or trade it
    3) years later i hear it again, say "what's this? it's good"
    4) buy it back

SAY WORD

b/w

SAY PACKRAT

• Digable Planets "Blowout Comb"

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Minnie Riperton-Come Into My Garden. After selling it once, bought it back,
    Again
    And
    Again
    And Again!

[faux_rillz]Quick! Edit your post![/faux_rillz]

[faux_rillz]Quick! Edit your post![/faux_rillz]

I don't know if it counts... I have had a copy in the shop that I recently pulled off the shelf for "further review".

it's okay, i've done that twice with that record. the first time, i was young and stupid. bought it back because i heard it again and thought it was all kinds of awesome. the second time was for a good cause.

• Spirit "12 Dreams of Dr. Sardonicus" bought and sold, bought and gave away, etc, good thing its dollar bin common. I don't like it today, but I think I'll like it tomorrow.

bought it back because i heard it again and thought it was all kinds of awesome.

I still don't think it's all kinds of awesome, but I think I want to own it as a collectro.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts

I keep rebuying it because the wife and I had sex while it was playing in our room on my vestax port in chicago in the Intercontinental HOtel.

I buy it, listen to it, and know it sucks so I sell it. Then I think about that day, I think, damn I should get that lp again.... so I do. Then I know it sucks

and the cycle keeps repeating.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

I keep rebuying it because the wife and I had sex while it was playing in our room on my vestax port in chicago in the Intercontinental HOtel.

I buy it, listen to it, and know it sucks so I sell it. Then I think about that day, I think, damn I should get that lp again.... so I do. Then I know it sucks

and the cycle keeps repeating.

While I definitely prefer their first album, love this album's title track.

• yes, kool and the gang 1st. i've bought and sold a few. always buy another. peace, stein. . .

• DWGDWG 334 Posts
    Craig G 'Now That's More Like It'

I traded it for something I needed, went back to the guy the next day and bought it back.
    I thought I could live without 'Ripped To Streads' on wax, but I was mistaken.

• RishanRishan 454 Posts
    My whole current hip hop collection! Half of it got stolen and I was so angry/upset that, like a complete fist, I sold the rest! Still haven't got a quarter of what I had originally and it's been 6 years.

yes, kool and the gang 1st. i've bought and sold a few. always buy another. peace, stein. . .

oh yeah, that record.... I mean, I'm always tossing 'em in my "sell pile".

haha! this is actually the next record I plan on "re-buying".

• as a recovering packrat, I keep everything.

Except doubles of the Cella Dwellas and Malachi the Nutcracker.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I just rebought the 2nd Slick Rick Cd... it was only $3. I'm undecided on whether this was a wise move or not... I saw all those good singles on there and decided I should have it again...

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    in the past two years i've bought back most of the hip-hop, indie rock and punk that I sold back in the 90s to buy jazz records.

i thow away and buy back a lot of common records all the time. mostly because I drive all the way to the thrift store, park, get out and dig through the bins.