How to know if I was propositioned by a boy whore?

hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
edited February 2016 in Off Topic (NRR)
OK, so I was walking downtown today - going to the Post Office, and as I'm crossing the street this dude who looks about 20 standing next to a building mumbles something to me. I could not understand him, so I kinda walked over to him & said "what?"

To which he, I assume, repeates himself: "I'm looking for a hotel."

I kinda look at him for a moment & wait for him to finish what I think is an incomplete sentence, but all I get is a strange look from him, so I say "What hotel are you looking for?"

Stop me right here & now if you think up to this point I'm not handling this in a normal way, kay? Cause all I get from dude after I ask this seemingly simple question is a strange look. A look that seems to say you don't get it, do you?[/b] But, like a fool, I keep standing there. Finally he says, I'm new in town. Where are the hotels?"

I check to make sure he does not speak with any kind of accent - I mean, perhaps he's from a strange land & is lost... no, I don't think so, he just keeps staring at me like your move, buddy.

It is now, and not untill now that I begin to think OH MY GOD - THIS IS A BOY WHORE OFFERING HIS SERVICES TO ME!

It is at this point that I walk away.

but please to tell me - is this some sort of real heads know the deal universal code? Did I not get "the memo"?!?! When approached by a young man on the street who asks where "a hotel" is, am I supposed to understand that this mean, "hey buddy, I will suck you off for money"?

I'm a bit confused...

Comments

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Can you blame the guy though? You're a sexy bitch.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    Was his name Paul?

• If you hadn't cut your hair I would say this is a totally reasonable situation. It may still be though.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Seriously though, this has never happend to me. It's not like I was on vacation in Thailand or anything.

If you hadn't cut your hair I would say this is a totally reasonable situation. It may still be though.

Best Western huh? Overall, how did you feel afterwards? A little dirty?

Overall, how did you feel afterwards? A little dirty?

yeah, just a little.

• Overall, how did you feel afterwards? A little dirty?

yeah, just a little.

You should've conversated. See where things went. You know. Offer to play some "Nintendo" with him. "8 bit version". Maaan.

Offer to play some "Nintendo" with him. "8 bit version". Maaan.

God only knows what that means "on the streets" these days!

• Offer to play some "Nintendo" with him. "8 bit version". Maaan.

God only knows what that means "on the streets" these days!

Go back to the streets, check it out, and report back to us.

joystick?

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    Four Score
    Knox Joystick
    Spectravideo Quickshot Joystick
    Spectravideo Quickshot Ball
    Beeshu Zipper
    Innovation Joypad
    Power Glove

you seem to know an awful lot about this.

• asparagusasparagus Northampton, MA 333 Posts
    joystick?

pacman?

• Power Glove

key word being "power"

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    you can usually tell, if his dick tastes like shit.

you can usually tell, if his dick tastes like shit.

• joystick?

pacman?

MAN PACK[/b]

• you can usually tell, if his dick tastes like shit.

Does this happen often or is it just an occasional occurance?

If only had not lost interest in his advice column.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I wonder what would have happened if you answered his question...maybe he was new in town and wanted to know where the hotels were?

Generally if boy whores are going to proposition anyone, they'll stick with gross middle-aged dudes who are obviously cruising for young men...maybe he was just gay and thought you were cute and was looking to give it up for free? Go "dutch" on the hotel, even?

I wonder what would have happened if you answered his question...maybe he was new in town and wanted to know where the hotels were?

I did, actually. I guess I forgot to mention that.

• flunkflunk 230 Posts
    What Do I Want My Advertising To Accomplish?
    Whom Should My Advertising Speak To?
    What Should My Advertising Say?
    Where Should I Place My Advertising?

......shit's elementary, if he don't know the fundamentals his shit will fail.......fuck him, move on.

• ryanryan 334 Posts
    same thing happened to me once in downtown sausalito. . .but in front of a hotel. michael jackson doppelganger asks me if i know where the nearest hotel is. i walk past him, saying nothing, and point to the hotel directly behind him. half an hour later, i walk past the hotel again, and see him enter with a dude in his late fifties sporting a paisley ascot--no kidding.

• flunkflunk 230 Posts

• yes you were most likely propositioned. where i grew up in long beach was a hot bed for prostitutes about 20 by the hour motels. i had to walk through this to get home. i've seen everything jack. if you are secure in your sexuality/values this should not bother you. dude is essentially a human being trying to make a living. they speak in codes to avoid arrest. next time they say "i'm looking for a hotel" simply say "i'm not" and move on.

peace, stein. . .

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    they speak in codes to avoid arrest. next time they say "i'm looking for a hotel" simply say "i'm looking for private press folk funk???" and move on.

peace, asp. . .

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Once at the intersection of Hennepin and Franklin in Uptown Minneapolis a guy tried to jump into my car. He was all dolled up, lots of make-up and wearing some kind of weird get-up, kinda looked like a transvestite John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever. Luckily, the doors were locked, but I was at a red light and he just stood there, banging on the window, demanding that I let him in!

I am not sure if there is a universal code, but this is the closest I have had to your experience.

• Once at the intersection of Hennepin and Franklin in Uptown Minneapolis a guy tried to jump into my car. He was all dolled up, lots of make-up and wearing some kind of weird get-up, kinda looked like a transvestite John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever. Luckily, the doors were locked, but I was at a red light and he just stood there, banging on the window, demanding that I let him in!

I am not sure if there is a universal code, but this is the closest I have had to your experience.

coulda been Prince, man!

yes you were most likely propositioned. where i grew up in long beach was a hot bed for prostitutes about 20 by the hour motels. i had to walk through this to get home. i've seen everything jack. if you are secure in your sexuality/values this should not bother you. dude is essentially a human being trying to make a living. they speak in codes to avoid arrest. next time they say "i'm looking for a hotel" simply say "i'm not" and move on.

peace, stein. . .

thanks, stein.

Just to make it clear, I was not offended, just confused. I'm from the suburbs where this sorta thing does not happen. I didn't know if I was being paraniod or what. When I told my girlfriend about this she laughed at me & said, "Christ - you don't even know when women hit on you!"