I think I found a good look for my fat chick

street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
I'm gonna have to loose the two tone but it's worth it.

The Cal look is out since mine is a 70's Super Beetle. This is a dapper alternative.

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I want to put spinners on my Prius.

• I want to put spinners on my Prius.

Made of recycled materials I hope. Seriously, If I had the money or the skill I would convert my engine. I've heard about some alternatives like vegi oil diesel. That would be hot.

• I don't know shit about VW's but this look totally boss. Is it strictly a show car? Do you have a track time on it? I've heard of these Bugs beating traditional muscle cars on the 1/4 mile simply because they're so lite.

You're totally making me miss my Camaro now.

• This is what is called a German Look. German Look is mono color, new Porsche rims on 944 disc brakes all the way around. Redone interior with Recaros and 4 point harnesses. Front air dam, flared fenders, lowered but not necessarily narrowed, fat tires, etc. German look is all about road racing type performance, where as Cal Look is all about drag racing. German looks are better for 70's bugs because they had better suspension and respond more like a modern car.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    This is what is called a German Look. German Look is mono color, new Porsche rims on 944 disc brakes all the way around. Redone interior with Recaros and 4 point harnesses. Front air dam, flared fenders, lowered but not necessarily narrowed, fat tires, etc. German look is all about road racing type performance, where as Cal Look is all about drag racing. German looks are better for 70's bugs because they had better suspension and respond more like a modern car.

Dopeasfuck! If you can get a turbo-bio-diesel in the back of that, then it's

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    I'm gonna have to loose the two tone but it's worth it.

I though yours was an oval back window from the 50s. If so, just add overriders and cop a new one.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    I want to put spinners on my Prius.

RADD

ODUB RIDIN' SPINNERS, RIDIN' SPINNERS, THEY DON'T STOP

• Looks good. I'm into vintage Volkswagens of water and aircooled persuasion.

Though all the carbon fiber in the engine bay is pretty ridiculous.

• Looks good. I'm into vintage Volkswagens of water and aircooled persuasion.

Though all the carbon fiber in the engine bay is pretty ridiculous.

Yeah, I'm still learning. Since my teen days of rolling around the Valley in my friends Cal lookers, Rodney-O & Joe Cooley, Ice T, or LL boooomin', I've always wanted one. One of my homeboys had the loudest car on the block. Cherry red bug, no backseat, just speakers, lowered to the floor. His bass literally made the dishes in the cupboard shake when he drove by. His was the only one and back then, everybody was rockin.

Finally grabbed one a few months ago. I wish it was an oval window but I like the modern feel of the Supers. I don't get the wobbles really either. It's gonna take a lot of work to get this car up, but it runs great and I wired sound, the two most important things.