FAVORITE HIP-HOP VIDEOS

davidwingatedavidwingate 748 Posts
edited December 2005 in Music Talk
I DON'T KNOW IF SOMEONE HAS POSTED THIS RECENTLY, BUT I WAS JUST LOOKING AT ONE OF MY TAPES OF VIDEOS FROM THE BOX, MTV RAPS, RAP CITY DAYS AND I COULDN'T HELP FEELING MISTY EYED. SO WHAT ARE SOME OF EVERYBODY'S ALL TIME FAVORITE HIP-HOP VIDEOS. MY ARE FAVS IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER:1.RAKIM-I AIN'T NO JOKE 2.RUN-DMX-ROX BOX3.PHARCYDE-PASSIN' ME BY4.DE LA SOUL-EGO TRIP5.THE WUTANG CLAN-MYSTERY OF CHESSIN BOXIN'6.RAKIM-IN THE GHETTO7.PHARCYDE-4 BETTER OR 4 WORSE8.PHARCYDE-RUNNIN'9.CYPRESS HILL-HOW TO KILL A MAN10.PUBLIC ENEMY-FIGHT THE POWER11.PUBLIC ENEMY-BLACK STEEL IN THE HOUR OF CHAOS12.PUBLIC ENEMY W/ICE CUBE AND BIG DADDY KANE-BURN HOLLYWOOD BURN13.TRIBE-BUTTER/WE GOT THE JAZZ14.EDO G-I GOT TO HAVE IT15.WU-TANG CLAN-CREAM

Comments

• any 3rd bass video...

• night of the living bassheads

• YEAH, GOOD ONE I FORGOT ABOUT THAT ONE.

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    There are way too many. i like all the classics. PE, Rakim, Jeu, 3RD Bass, Diamond D, Digable Planets, Tribe, Pharcyde. Ice Cube's "Who's The Mack?", NWA, BDP, MC Lyte's "Cappacino" was dope. Gangstarr, Brand Nubian, Old Cypress Hill, all that stuff man the list goes on. I was in a club and they were showing all the classic videos on a huge screen as the DJ was playing. It was dope! Too bad these aren't on DVD. Or are they??

• optically: jeru's - can't stop the prophet

wishlist: channel live's - mad izm (my vhs version played so often, at some positions the screen is missin)

• THERE ARE A LOT WE ALL CAN NAME, BUT FOR ME THE REASON WHY I CHOSE THESE VIDS WAS BECAUSE THEY CAPTURED THE ESSENCE OF THE SONGS PERFECTLY. THE ONES I CHOSE WERE EITHER MAD GHETTO OR JUST HAD A LOT OF IMAGINATION.

• I LOVE COME CLEAN..LIKE I SAID BEFORE MAD SIMPLE AND GHETTO..LOVE THAT SHIT!!!

• please stop shouting, we all like the videos....

• huh? why do you think i am shouting?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    3.PHARCYDE-PASSIN' ME BY
    4.DE LA SOUL-EGO TRIP
    5.THE WUTANG CLAN-MYSTERY OF CHESSIN BOXIN'
    6.RAKIM-IN THE GHETTO
    10.PUBLIC ENEMY-FIGHT THE POWER
    11.PUBLIC ENEMY-BLACK STEEL IN THE HOUR OF CHAOS
    15.WU-TANG CLAN-CREAM

de la - oooh
    pe - shutem down
    dead prez - hip hop
    jay-z - 99 problems

• The Pharcyde's video for DROP. That shit was ill them all goin backwards and shit. Adrock goin backwards on the bike. I just liked watchin that shit.

• yeah, i have to say pharcyde def. came with it on the video tip too...along with the music too of course.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Anyone remember the TROY and the Lots Of Lovin vids? Lots of was the reason you could find me in most bait and tackle shops on Nantucket Island circa 92 trying to find the ill firsherman's vest.

• aiight.i remember those vests. half the reason why i love the rakim vid for i ain't no joke is because of the green velor sweatsuit ra has on. i looked for that shit for mad long.

• yeah, i have to say pharcyde def. came with it on the video tip too...along with the music too of course.
    Yeah cuz the music sounded like reverse noise, and the video was shot in reverse. Ill concept. I would have to say I loved Mind Playin Tricks on Me also. Each verse had it's own little story, yet the whole concept tied toghether.

• + everyone should peep this:

all clips are mixed by dj spinbad, nice one

+ everyone should peep this:

what's on that? you got listing? I got the hip hop time capsule DVD with KRS on the cover. One of the dude's from Fam-Lay is signed to Warner Bros now as an R&B act (they got a video on that DVD).

• what's on that? you got listing?

run dmc-walk this way
    chubb rock-treat 'em right
    u.t.f.o.-roxanne, roxanne
    whodini-the freaks come out at night
    a tribe called quest-electric relaxation
    common-resurrection
    moob deep-shook ones pt. 2
    m.o.p.-how about some hardcore
    biz markie-just a friend
    pharcyde-passin' me by
    wu-tang-c.r.e.a.m.
    smif'n'wessun-sound bwoy bureill ----
    just-ice-going way back

• Beastie Boys - Hey Ladies
    Biz Markie - Just A Friend
    Pharcyde - Drop
    a few PE ones

I need something to jar my memory.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Beastie Boys - Hey Ladies

This video never fails to crack me up. It's so transcendantly silly.

Another classic: EPMD--"You Gots To Chill"

• The Pharcyde's video for DROP. That shit was ill them all goin backwards and shit. Adrock goin backwards on the bike. I just liked watchin that shit.

spikejonzraer?

• + everyone should peep this:

I think I saw this this summer. I was in a club in Montreal, typical whack club joints playing, then this comes up on the screen. At least I think it was this. Anyway lots of old videos from the early-mid nineties (Tribe, Biz, MOP, etc.). I'm thinking "pipe THIS SHIT through the speakers instead of having it on mute!!!!" I spent the rest of the night explaining the videos to some 20-something-year-old girl who had no clue who any of the artists were.

• The Electric Relaxation one is good. There's that girl who Q-Tip is after who is totally androgenous. In a hoody looking like a dude. (Early signs of Q-Tip's ayo tendencies?). Anyway then for Phife's verse they're in that diner which is all young hip-hop heads. Like a hip-hop diner. Always enjoyed that one.

And the GZA's 4th Chamber-Shadowboxing combination video with the military/battlefield theme was dope.

Fuck I wish I still had all the video dub mixes I had on VHS....

4.DE LA SOUL-EGO TRIP

The afro shirt that Pos was rocking. I tried to track that shit down forever. That was a hard joint to find. Who made that? For those not knowing - next time you watch 8 Mile - some dude's rocking the same shit in the crowd during one of the battle scenes. Props to whoever did wardrobe for that shit.

• Organized Konfusion - Fudge Pudge.
    Das Efx - They Want Efx
    Tribe - Bonita Applebum.

• FSNSFSNS 163 Posts
    spikejonzraer?

Fatlip - What's Up Fatlip

in the clown outfit....

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    -Pharcyde-Drop

-Pharcyde-Runnin' (interesting switch of black plantation owners, white slaves. Complete with white mammy figure. like White Man's Burden, but not )

-Yaggfu Front-Busted Loop (Jeep with huge speakers picking up broads along a highway, how can you go wrong?)

-Kurious-Uptown Shit (Girl in men's bathroom using urinal )

-Digital Underground-Doowutchyalike

-Ice Cube-Who's The Mack

-A lotta PE ones

-Big L-Put It On (chill on the block type stuff)

-Hard 2 Obtain-LI Groove (some good beach scenes and dope basketball clips)

-Smif N Wessun-Wontime (re-creation of some of the stuff in The Shining)

-Black Moon-How Many Emcees (see Big L comments)

Sir Mix A Lot videos (obvious reasons)

An Alkaholiks video from the first album where they were running around hitchhiking or something?

-King Tee-I Got It Bad Yall

-Boogiemonsters-Recognized Thresholds (interesting cinematography)

-Black Star-Brooklyn video w/the BDP backbeat, title escapes me

SO MANY MORE!!!!

UMC's - One to Grow On

Very clutch. Very dope hand movements and large smiles from Haas G - who, for those who don't know, produced Chercez La Ghost and I beleive Magic Stick

• These Were good

Gangstarr - Suckas Need Bodygaurd

CNN Mobb Deep & Tragedy Khadafi - LA LA

Onyx & DMX - Shut Em Down

Eric B & Rakim - Ghetto

Souls oF Mischeif - 93 Til Infinity

Xzibit - Paparazzi

Big Daddy Kane - Show n Prove

D&D allstars 1,2, Pass it

Black Moon - How Many MC's

Wu-tang - chess boxing

Smoothe the hustler - broken language

keith murray - get lifted

OC - time's up

jeru - can't stop the prophet

common - soul by the pound

common - i used to love her

• The Pharcyde's video for DROP. That shit was ill them all goin backwards and shit. Mike D[/b] goin backwards on the bike. I just liked watchin that shit.

spikejonzraer?

rear indeed