Question from a lil' dude to a baller (RAER R)

SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
OK, I am nowhere close to being a baller. I recently purchased a "reissue"/bootleg CD of the private RAER LP from Brief Encounter entitled "We Want To Play" (see pic of OG below).

Really excellent album...probably the best thing I've heard in a while. Anyways, my question to the ballerz out there who have the OG is: are the lengths of the tracks listed on the back cover of the album accurate? I have a feeling that whoever booted this album faded out most of the tracks prematurely. Some of the songs are shorter by a good 1-2 minutes...really

For example, "Since I Met You," according to the back cover, is supposed to run for 3:47 minutes, but actually fades out at 2:30.

Can any 's out there enlighten this lil dude?

SG

Comments

• "Since I Met You," according to the back cover, is supposed to run for 3:47 minutes, but actually fades out at 2:30.

it's the same on the og. must be a case of poor clock management over at music town records.

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    "Since I Met You," according to the back cover, is supposed to run for 3:47 minutes, but actually fades out at 2:30.

it's the same on the og. must be a case of poor clock management over at music town records.

Thanks a ton for the info! I was starting to think I got ripped off, as the CD itself was not cheap (nowhere near the price of an OG, but not yer garden variety 8.99 boot either). So the OG LP really runs for only a "brief" 31 minutes then...

I've proceeded to make personal re-edits of some tracks to extend the overall running time and make it feel a bit more "album-like." I'm really feeling this LP.

SG