please to post favorite record packaging

street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
What do you prefer? Heavy cardboard, soft padded bags, bubble wrap? Break it down. What are you feelin'.

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

• that is hot stuff right there.

that is hot stuff right there.

not to be a smartass, but, if that is "the hot stuff" what exactly are you mailing records in now?

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    i got a letter this morning in one of those weird royal mail envelopes... what the fuck do the brittish use to make paper out of??? this shit splits on all seams if you so much a look at it sideways.

• heavy cardboard slip inside with the record inside a flat box

what the fuck do the brittish use to make paper out of???

this is an excellent question.

NOT "the hot stuff"

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    You are a bunch of lil dudes...

I don't mind paying a little extra for my peace of mind.

• that is hot stuff right there.

not to be a smartass, but, if that is "the hot stuff" what exactly are you mailing records in now?

Wet paper bag.

Actually I'm gonna up my packaging game. Right now I put it in a plastic bag, wrap it in another plastic bag with padding (peanuts and paper), tape that up, a light piece of cardboard, and i wrap it in a paper shopping bag. It screams professionalism, don't it?

Right now I put it in a plastic bag, wrap it in another plastic bag with padding (peanuts and paper), tape that up, a light piece of cardboard, and i wrap it in a paper shopping bag. It screams professionalism, don't it?

yikes! franken-mailer.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Please tell me you're kidding Taza.

buy these

fast shipping & you even get free popcorn. You'll thank me later.

• At my work we get in German 4 layer cardboard which is like supperior to most of the construction materials used in tract housing so I just cut 13" squares of that shit, wrap LP in paper put in between to pices of said cardboard w/ the "grain" going perpendicular, tape edges w/ faber reinforged paper "fragile" tape and then cover all those seams in regular clear packing tape. 100% sucess rate even overseas...

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    yeah i usually just recycle mailers and make my own out of cardboard.

and those brit mailers do come in handy.. i always use them to send shit to the UK.

At my work we get in German 4 layer cardboard

damn. I had some scraps of 3 layer cardboard that I used for a while & that shit was like bomb-proof.

• mostly sell 45s, so...

i put them between 2-4 slices of cardboard (cut a weebit bigger than the record) tape that down, then stick that into 8 1/2 by 11 mailer envelope, folding the unused portion down onto the record and seal it...

need pictures

• Actually I'm gonna up my packaging game. Right now I put it in a plastic bag, wrap it in another plastic bag with padding (peanuts and paper), tape that up, a light piece of cardboard, and i wrap it in a paper shopping bag. It screams professionalism, don't it?

dog you better get used to seeing these...

• Actually I'm gonna up my packaging game. Right now I put it in a plastic bag, wrap it in another plastic bag with padding (peanuts and paper), tape that up, a light piece of cardboard, and i wrap it in a paper shopping bag. It screams professionalism, don't it?

dog you better get used to seeing these...

I love the color red.

Thanks for the heads up hcrink. I was actually gonna buy those exact ones. Check this for a rating I got.

"Thanks, good packging, had to get a beer to figure it out" And I got a little green plus sign.

Still, I'm with the record mailers. It's a better look.

had to get a beer to figure it out

hahaha!!!

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts

Actually I'm gonna up my packaging game. Right now I put it in a plastic bag, wrap it in another plastic bag with padding (peanuts and paper), tape that up, a light piece of cardboard, and i wrap it in a paper shopping bag. It screams professionalism, don't it?

note to self: never buy records from taza

• Actually I'm gonna up my packaging game.

note to self: never buy records from taza

You like wet paper bags?

Don't make me go Jeru the Damaga on you. This is my business we're talking here. No bad reviews tolerated.

• Nothing like some good le fashioned Soul Strut shame to set one straight. Keep in mind I've only oredered 2 records off the net in my lifetime. I used to shun this stuff because of all the mom and pops record joints that can't compete, but I realized it's their fault for not adapting to the market, anyhoo,

Anybody got a record mailer source in LA? I don't want to pay shipping (cheap bastard).

• Anybody got a record mailer source in LA? I don't want to pay shipping (cheap bastard).

There was a thread on that exact subject a couple months ago.

I would personally recommend uline.com as their shipping is next day and super cheap compared to some of the other major vendors. The only downside is they don't sell 45 mailers.

• Anybody got a record mailer source in LA? I don't want to pay shipping (cheap bastard).

There was a thread on that exact subject a couple months ago.
    I would personally recommend uline.com as their shipping is next day and super cheap compared to some of the other major vendors. The only downside is they don't sell 45 mailers.

Oh, ok, I'll search for that thread and check out unline. Thanks.