dipset is the new wutang?

BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
edited April 2005 in Music Talk
You can say what you want about his recent sales, but i have a feeling these dudes arent done blowing up by a long shot. Anybody seen the god rakim in the new juelz video? Passing the torch? haha. I feel like cam is also about to step it up in terms of the whole rediculous factor. Hes going to have to now that theres so much more rediculous shit out out there. I mean, in todays billboard top 10 theres a dude from texas who sounds like he has down syndrome, only raps about cars, gasoline, codeine, and shrimp, and constantly repeats his name. I just watched the oreiley clip again. How can dudes say the dips aint positive? "Fly doesn't necessarily mean your clothes. Fly means when I wake up in the morning, before I put my socks on, I'm fly. I'm at the hotel somewhere, takin' a pi-- in the morning like, 'I'm Cam, man, I'm fly.' I don't even got my T-shirt on and I already know I'm fly before I wake up in the morning. When I get out the bed, I say my prayers and be thankful for being so fly. I be having cold sleep in my eyes and I know I'm still at the bathroom, fly like this. It's a whole swagger, a bathroom swagger."I mean, thats like a daily affirmation right there. so positive.

Comments

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    I fly now
    I die later.

• OXYCONTINOXYCONTIN 115 Posts
    a dude from texas who sounds like he has down syndrome, only raps about cars, gasoline, codeine, and shrimp, and constantly repeats his name.

WHOA! who is this?! i need to buy every piece of recorded material by this person!!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    a dude from texas who sounds like he has down syndrome, only raps about cars, gasoline, codeine, and shrimp, and constantly repeats his name.

who?![/b]

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    I agree. the whole crew aspect is there, the niche fan base w/ some big time exposure, the personality, the marketing is just getting started. They are the crew of the mid 2000's just as the WU were of the mid 90's.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Anybody seen the god rakim in the new juelz video?

supposedly there's a collabo on the new juelz lp as well.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

who?![/b]

Are you guys just joking or does this really sound like something you'd want to listen to as anything more than a curiousity?

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts
    Doesn't Mike Jones have a "conscious" track on his album? 5 Years From Now?

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

who?![/b]

Are you guys just joking or does this really sound like something you'd want to listen to as anything more than a curiousity?

come on guys can you please just tell me who bsides is talking about? he sounds interesting...

who?![/b]

Mike Jones has some good material, but the album as a whole is not that strong. Chopped & Screwed version has much higher replay value.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

who?![/b]

come on guys can you please just tell me who bsides is talking about? he sounds interesting...

MIKE JOOOONNNES!! hahaha.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Mike Jones! Who? Mike Jones! Who? Mike Jones! Who? Mike Jones! Who? Mike Jones! Who? Mike Jones! Who? Mike Jones! Who? Mike Jones! Who? Mike Jones! Who? Mike Jones! Who? Mike Jones! Who? Mike Jones! Who? Mike Jones! Who? Mike Jones! Who? Mike Jones! Who? Mike Jones! Who? Mike Jones! Who? Mike Jones! Who? Mike Jones! Who? Mike Jones! Who? Mike Jones! Who? Mike Jones! Who? Mike Jones! Who? Mike Jones! Who? Mike Jones! Who? Mike Jones! Who? Mike Jones! Who? Mike Jones! Who?

Mike Jones! Who? Mike Jones! Who? Mike Jones! Who? Mike Jones! Who? Mike Jones! Who? Mike Jones! Who? Mike Jones! Who? Mike Jones! Who? Mike Jones! Who? Mike Jones! Who? Mike Jones! Who? Mike Jones! Who? Mike Jones! Who? Mike Jones! Who? Mike Jones! Who? Mike Jones! Who? Mike Jones! Who? Mike Jones! Who? Mike Jones! Who? Mike Jones! Who? Mike Jones! Who? Mike Jones! Who? Mike Jones! Who? Mike Jones! Who? Mike Jones! Who? Mike Jones! Who? Mike Jones! Who? Mike Jones! Who?
    v

oops.... i think i just tipped on four fours...

So lame.

Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me!

So lame.

you a lame

• I said

Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me! Back then, hoes didn't want me--now I'm hot, they all on me!

This post reminds me of Bill O'Reilly trying to make a funny targeted at Ludacris.

"He needs to pull his pants up."

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

who?![/b]

Mike Jones has some good material, but the album as a whole is not that strong. Chopped & Screwed version has much higher replay value.

Oh, that's not the thing to say to the God Phill! Now he's gonna be reeeallly lost!

Phill, yes, we actually like this stuff. I am hella happy when some screwed shit comes on my ipod in the whip. True, there's a time and a place for it, but on early morning missions or late night crawl backs, it's definitely hitting a chord. Also good for NYC gridlock.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

who?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

are you fucking serious?

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

who?![/b]

Yo Phill,

As usual, I agree with you!!!! I've listened to these artists and I just don't understand the appeal. This has not always been the case for me. For instance, I do not own one LP by Too Short, Tupac, Spice-1, Eightball & MJG, Outkast, or Ludacris, but I understand why they are/were popular. They all have a certain charisma that is readily apparent and they each have songs I like (though I don't want to listen to an entire CD by any of them). I guess I've gotten too old to understand.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

are you fucking serious?

yes. and i'm enthusiastic about it.

from the ever credible http://www.hiphopsite.com/NEWS/

I>Juelz Santana's sophmore LP, What The Game's Been Missing, will include a cameo from Rakim on "Fast Life"/I>

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    holy shit. big fan of both but this is some unheard of shit. fucking awesome.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

who?![/b]

Yo Phill,

As usual, I agree with you!!!! I've listened to these artists and I just don't understand the appeal. This has not always been the case for me. For instance, I do not own one LP by Too Short, Tupac, Spice-1, Eightball & MJG, Outkast, or Ludacris, but I understand why they are/were popular. They all have a certain charisma that is readily apparent and they each have songs I like (though I don't want to listen to an entire CD by any of them). I guess I've gotten too old to understand.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Oh, naw... I ain't know they was talkin' about Mike Jones! I actually do like some of that stuff (I dig Paul Wall more than the other dudes, to be honest though). Believe me, it's not really my kind of thing, but I don't care if something breaks all the rules of what I think good hip hop should be... if I'm feelin' that shit then I'm feelin' it, case closed! Now, to sit up and listen to whole lps by these dudes on a regular basis? I honestly don't understand how intelligent grown up people can do it, but to each his own I guess. Regardless, I'm lovin' certain joints out of this whole Houston scene that's runnin' this rap shit right now. Not as much as I love THAT REAL SHIT, of course, but hey- love is love.

• deepbrntdeepbrnt 241 Posts
    When I hear songs like 'Crunk Muzik' or 'Get Em Girls' my face gets hot. The jamaican joint off of one of the mixtapes with the 1 bar herbie loop on some 'gangsta, gangsta' shit, stuff is just intuitively dope.

Its not super cerebral or anything, but it kinda is. It stimulates the senses immediately. With all due respect, thats pretty 'real' to me. Do you feel like as you get older, your love for the instinctual shit depreciates? Thats probably why we have generation gaps IMO.

And I also agree with the Wu comparison.

all im'ma say is..... dipset.. purple city byrdgang are the muthafuckin best!!!!!! AAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!! jUELZ SANTANA!!!! IS A BAD MOTHAFUCKA!!!!! AH! UN KASA!!!

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    I can vibe out to it. (dipset) I can feel that shit. They have their own style, and it makes you're head nod. I would hate to have a run in with them though. I can hold my own, but all them fools turning the party out, that would wile out.

• catchdubscatchdubs 492 Posts
    Its not super cerebral or anything, but it kinda is.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i know this is pretty random and pretty fucking stupid, but can any of you imagine how fucking crazy a juelz santana and lil' wayne collabo would be?

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    I heard Cam'ron left Roc-A-Fella. Does anyone have any information?