blowing steam !!!

upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
edited April 2005 in Record Collecting
One of my cratedigging homeboys just called me up and told me that he struck gold this weekend,... this is a boy that KILLS when he goes recordhunting, but this has to be his rarest most valuable find yet (and we're just talking one single LP...). So insane that it was difficult for him to keep the car on the road driving home... He told me to keep his find a secret and I promised(although I'm not good with secrets),... not allowed to tell anyone, I'm just blowing some steam right now posting this......!!!Peace.

Comments

• tell us.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

• Didn't someone make a similar post about a week ago?

what ever happened to that find?

you should start a blog...

• not allowed to tell anyone

Better delete your post quick....

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts

He will be able to buy a whole truckload of these, if he sells this...

• He will be able to buy a whole truckload of these, if he sells this...

I doubt any record is worth more than a truckload[/b] of POZ

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    One of my cratedigging homeboys just called me up and told me that he struck gold this weekend,... this is a boy that KILLS when he goes recordhunting, but this has to be his rarest most valuable find yet (and we're just talking one single LP...). So insane that it was difficult for him to keep the car on the road driving home... He told me to keep his find a secret and I promised(although I'm not good with secrets),... not allowed to tell anyone, I'm just blowing some steam right now posting this......!!!
    Peace.

oh yeah, well i've got this one thing...man, well i can't even say if it's even made of matter and atoms and shit. it might not be. i can't even say. but it would blow your fucking mind dude. seriously. it's so fucking sweet. you wouldn't believe it. i better not say anything more otherwise a group of monkeys will force me to stab myself in the eyeballs for saying anything. if you knew what it was you would know what i meant.

One of my cratedigging homeboys just called me up and told me that he struck gold this weekend,... this is a boy that KILLS when he goes recordhunting, but this has to be his rarest most valuable find yet (and we're just talking one single LP...). So insane that it was difficult for him to keep the car on the road driving home... He told me to keep his find a secret and I promised(although I'm not good with secrets),... not allowed to tell anyone, I'm just blowing some steam right now posting this......!!!
    Peace.

oh yeah, well i've got this one thing...man, well i can't even say if it's even made of matter and atoms and shit. it might not be. i can't even say. but it would blow your fucking mind dude. seriously. it's so fucking sweet. you wouldn't believe it. i better not say anything more otherwise a group of monkeys will force me to stab myself in the eyeballs for saying anything. if you knew what it was you would know what i meant.

Sounds quite serious...

Peace.

Only POZ could be spoken of in such a way. You ball!

He will be able to buy a whole truckload of these, if he sells this...

I doubt any record is worth more than a truckload[/b] of POZ

This kid's gonna wind up buying his mother a house one day...

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    I literally cannot think of a single record that could buy a house - a nice doublewide trailer maybe, but not a house...

oh yeah, this whole 'I've got a secret' shit?

---

but does it have a "bangin'tastic" break like POZ? Is it Skull Snapz?

• WHAT IS THE MOST EXPENSIVE RECORD EVAR??!!?

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    Peace.

WHAT IS THE MOST EXPENSIVE RECORD EVAR??!!?

i dunno, but I'll bet Egon has one!

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Didn't someone make a similar post about a week ago?

You're talking about the illusioned 45 find "grail status is high"..."what should I do, I found 8 copies of a uberrare 45, it's so rare, I can't tell anyone or the earth might stop turning and the sun won't shine anymore and the lord will come down from heaven"...

I wouldn't worry too much about that one, I have a feeling that was a certain AG out of BRLA who is the proud owner of an impressive collection of nonexistent records. Sadly, they always evaporate into thin air whenever he plans on playing them out, which can be quite emberassing for people who fly him halfway around the world to for a DJ gig but his dazzling DJ skills make more than up for little flaws like that.

I can think of some imaginary records that might buy a house, ala:

Robert Johnson 'I Repent Lord' b/w 'Faust's Blues' on Columbia 78rpm...

---

but does it have a "bangin'tastic" break like POZ? Is it Skull Snapz?

I think this is strictly a buy and sell (and make a lot of loot) record...
    and I'm sure if there were no such thing as $$$ involved, POZ or Skull Snaps would be the ones to choose... can you dig it ?

Would Dustygroove describe this mystery record as "baroquely funky"?

• Didn't someone make a similar post about a week ago?

You're talking about the illusioned 45 find "grail status is high"..."what should I do, I found 8 copies of a uberrare 45, it's so rare, I can't tell anyone or the earth might stop turning and the sun won't shine anymore and the lord will come down from heaven"...

I wouldn't worry too much about that one, I have a feeling that was a certain AG out of BRLA who is the proud owner of a whole collection of nonexistent records. Sadly, they always evaporate into thin air whenever he plans on playing them out, which can be quite emberassing for people who fly him halfway around the world to for a DJ gig but his dazzeling DJ skills make more than up for litlle flaws like that.

no dice, huh?...

WUT DUH DEEL ON DA BOI CRY WOLF?

YO,..the steam has been let out and I'ma get back to y'all on this thread with info details on this record,... OK ?
    peaceout-

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts

---
    Does that even exist?

• Kill it man. I got a box of sealed copies of it and the macneal and niles. this shit is getting retarded. people find shit like this all the time. stop yappin about it.

---
    Does that even exist?

it's imaginary, so rare it doesn't even exist.

someone once told me the most expensive record ever was a Rudolph Valentino( the silent movie star) picture disc, but I somehow doubt that at this late stage in the game.

---

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    Hmm.. most expensive EVAR? ...what about that Velvet Underground acetate?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Kill it man.

I can't beleive this has gone on as long this.

• Hmm.. most expensive EVAR?

Paul McCartney Most Expensive Record

November 1, 2004, 10:27:22

McCARTNEY'S CHEAP FIRST DISC IS COSTLIEST RECORD IN UK

An early disc created by three of the original BEATLES has become England's most expensive record of all time worth at $180,000 (??100,000) - even though it only cost 90 pence ($1.60) to make in 1958.

SIR PAUL McCARTNEY owns the first pressing of his pre-Beatles group THE QUARRY MEN's version of THAT'LL BE THE DAY recorded with JOHN LENNON and GEORGE HARRISON and other bandmates COLIN HANTON and JOHN DUFF LOWE.

However, McCartney is unlikely to sell the recording.
    web page

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Whatever dude, I just found the most raer LPs evar. Actually, I just bought all the raers so there is no way your "crate digging homeboy" has what he says he has, no matter what he claims. Also, all the raers on earth are now locked away in my possession. Don't believe me? Check your collection at home and yeah, you're missing a few things.

See, I was walking down to the local thrift when a small man carrying an old army bag saw me with my record bag and commented on it. I wasn't in a good mood so I just headed towards the records. He was dressed all funny like he came out of the 70s. I told him to get away from me but he wouldn't give up and decided to attack me. Next thing I knew I was knocked to the ground and he had opened his army bag. He removed what looked a magic 8 ball but in reality it was a device to trigger a rift in the space time continuum. Next thing I know we were transported to the early 70s and going through records all over the country. He was actually a time travelling record collector! At first I didn't believe him, but when I saw that all the cars were old and ran on leaded fuel, I believed him. The ladies were wearing the best dresses I have ever seen in my life and you could buy a lot of things for $1. I think gas was $.12 cents.

Of course my credit cards and bank account were of no use since there was no record of my birth yet but I found jobs where I could plowing fields, hauling wheat, washing dishes, and doing paste ups for newspapers while buying all the raers I could find throughout the country. Thereafter we traveled to the 80s and did the same, rescuing hundreds upon thousands of raers ranging from cutout bin psych to modern soul from junkyards and people's trash. I then purchased a warehouse to store all these raers to safeguard them upon my arrival in the year 2005. When I returned to 2005 I found myself waking up from being attacked by the man. He placed the device back into his bag and I thanked him for taking me on the journey. I then proceeded to travel to where my werehouse of raers and I am currently typing to you from said warehouse. It contains so many raers that I can barely breathe. I am only typing to contain my excitement. I will never sell any of these raers but the time travelling record collector has access to many more and one day I will reveal these secrets to the rest of you. As for now, I will sit alone in this warehouse and gloat about my massive record warehouse.

• This thread reminds me of this