Boredoms or Boredoms? (RR)

edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
specifically or ??peace, 'damn ....

Comments

• I prefer the newer psych style shit personally, although it's all good. Vision Creation Newsun tops, no doubt.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    I prefer the newer psych style shit personally, although it's all good. Vision Creation Newsun tops, no doubt.

• specifically

One of my favorite Goodwill come-ups was this joint on tape.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    both.

mushrooms with hash chaser

bourbon with wrestling match chaser

• I am a fan of both Boredoms. A friend had taped me a Naked City album way back when and I couldn't get enough of it. Somehow that lead to me buying Soul Discharge[/b]. Then all of a sudden Warner Bros. sent me Pop Tatari[/b] and I thought "what the fuck? Boredoms on a major?" When "alternative" music was king in the early 1990's, a number of major labels had taken a chance, because something like Mr. Bungle wouldn't be on Warner Bros. either. Chocolate Synthesizer[/b] was great too.

When they got a bit more progressive and psychedelic, it was very different but that was great as well. I downloaded a video a few years ago where onstage they used a reel-to-reel machine as one of their instruments. Eye would be moving the reels to make some weird noises, he moved his arm, pressed rewind or FF, and that would be the cue for the band to make some noise. The new Boredoms album is excellent as well, and anyone who likes them should also tap into OOIOO or Melt Banana.

Short version: I like both Boredoms.

• I downloaded a video a few years ago where onstage they used a reel-to-reel machine as one of their instruments. Eye would be moving the reels to make some weird noises, he moved his arm, pressed rewind or FF, and that would be the cue for the band to make some noise.

I need this in my life. plaese to post...

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Eye is a tiny dude but rocks out hard. He was sporting a "lao tzu" beard and looking very thoughtful when I said hi to him at the first ATP a few years back.

He had two female drummers on stage with insane drumkits with him conducting and singing/yelling. INTENSE.

He was walking around in a daze after his performance.

• I need this in my life. plaese to post...

I'll check and see if I still have it.