• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

the second is shit!!!!

and :

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

critique pleez

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

Love that record...

I'll add these

• Some cool stuff I've been liking the last few months..

• slept on

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

You know that!

You got the acappella of "Friendly Pressure", I presume?

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Some cool stuff I've been liking the last few months..

I was really disappointed in that record, apart from the track with the Dynasty/Camp Lo beat. She's a good singer, but the label pushed her in a more pop direction with this album. Her first one is much, much better.

Good call on this, though. This has been a favourite in our house all year. There were a few copies of her first album (neosoulprivatepresscdraer) floating around London this summer, but I missed the boat on that one.

Co-sign on this lp. Not great but has a handful of cuts. Criminally underated in his latter years.

Neo-Soul/Contemporary R&B

This cat iz my overall fav.

slept on

I remember hearing this when it came out. I didnt think she was carving out any new ground. Its sounded like color by numbers neo soul. I'll give her props for her jazz vocal leanings but after that.... I have friends who swear by this lp.

• Second especially on Rahsaan Patterson & D'Angelo. These two UK bootlegs are really nice. Does this Sleepy Brown record exist in it's full entity in any format?

Eric Roberson

I just copped

Very good.

• There we go. I agree with Maxwell, Jill Scott, and Badu, as well as the first Rahsaan Patterson albums, but Stephanie McKay's debut album is worth picking up.

I hate the neo-soul moniker, but it works to the point where people know it's a "classic soul" sound, classic referring to the 1970's. While I would not call her neo-soul, I would recommend this album as I feel it is worthy of putting on the list. It's strategically placed on the new Jazzanova Blue Note Trip comp photos.

I speak of:

As far as Badu, Mama's Gun[/b] and Worldwide Underground[/b] are great albums, I prefer them over her first.

I'm also very glad someone brought this album up:

The first hit off the album was the great "Old School Lovin'", that alone was one of the best records of the 90's, period. Hunt down the summer breeze remix of the song, which is slowed down for that extra "extra".

I also would like to shine the light on this album:

It would be contemporary, in a 90's sense, but "Grapevyne" alone is a classic.

• http://www.rushhour.nl/pictures/27003.jpg
    http://sandbox.pair.com/images/dwelerize.gif

F**k Subject & Some Kinda... This is it as far as Dwele goes

• Copy that Brownstone.. that is the bomb.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    listen.....i dont know if it's Neo-Soul or whatever.....but this song ...."Smooth" by Lina is my shit

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

this is good as well, but hard to find. she was one of the singers from brownstone

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    I just copped

Very good.

YES!

...and don't forget these gems, too!

I celebrate the entire catalog.

SG

• Do you think this album qualifies as neo-soul?

If neo-soul is music to get laid to...it works!

• HamHam 872 Posts

• Maybe not Neo-Soul in the stricktest sense, but OUT and VERY GOOD!

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

Finally, someone besides me gives Rahsaan Patterson and Van Hunt some props. These guys make great music!!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Guess who loves you more....LOL what ya'll know about this

i was just going to post this... not sure about the whole lp, but "guess who loves you more" is just right...

i was just going to post this... not sure about the whole lp, but "guess who loves you more" is just right...

Seeing as dude is from DC and they play his ish all the time some of us know about him...:) his mixtapes are pretty on point too.