so you think you know a record nobody else knows

spcspc 534 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
http://s55.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=38ES715DCCDF108CPEUQ6W63EEDoes anybody know this? I think it's dope.

Comments

• Holy crap... Love that. Well done... No idea what it is. I can't hear any vinyl surface noise...Hmmmn!
    But i'm off to type in 'Song' on Google & see if I can track it down...

Well I'm going to be much nicer. Though you have to actually download the track to see the ID tags.
    From a raer library record series. Not your typical KPM stuff. 1971.
    Crawling downtempo with fat bass, guitar, viola & flute.

Only doing this because I actually sampled it & released my version 4 years ago...

Original track as sampled for DANGERDOOM - Crosshairs (Mouse & the Mask)[/b]

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts

• spcspc 534 Posts
    Holy crap... Love that. Well done... No idea what it is. I can't hear any vinyl surface noise...Hmmmn!

Well I'm going to be much nicer. Though you have to actually download the track to see the ID tags.

Only doing this because I actually sampled it & released my version 4 years ago...

I'll tell you later. I'm just gonna wait a little longer to see, if there is somebody who might perhaps know it

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    http://s55.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=38ES715DCCDF108CPEUQ6W63EE

Does anybody know this? I think it's dope.

the tune is crazy dope, composer knows what hes doin!

the overall mix sounds kinda 80s / early 90s, either that or some ??ber-hi-tech-studio. my guess is that its some japanese studio musicians. has to be a soundtrack with those harmonies and chord progressions.

yes / no / close ??

• spcspc 534 Posts

the overall mix sounds kinda 80s / early 90s, either that or some ??ber-hi-tech-studio. my guess is that its some japanese studio musicians. has to be a soundtrack with those harmonies and chord progressions.

yes / no / close ??

soundtrack: yes

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

yes / no / close ??

soundtrack: yes

nah, i cant place it right now, but ive used it before. People be knowing about it.

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    strings go pop on the jw library label (yellow cover)

in terms of library records i dont think this is too

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    Anybody heard of the Jandy Music libraries? There's some headhunters type shit on there that is noyce.

• strings go pop on the jw library label (yellow cover)

in terms of library records i dont think this is too

It's on the BMP label (British Music Publishing) & the cover is green. So very close.
    Probably not so easy to find down here.

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    im almost positive theres a version of this library record with this type of cover too

• spcspc 534 Posts
    im almost positive theres a version of this library record with this type of cover too

Speaking of library, did anybody order that library cover book+cd from mooviegrooves.com ? I got an email yesterday that they sent it, so I hope it'll arrive soon. Anybody got it yet?

• im almost positive theres a version of this library record with this type of cover too

This one is Made In England. Not many other details.

Other classics include, ' A Swingey Thingey' & 'Tucky Tucky Me'.

Has that late 60s English film comedy vibe, but pretty good on the whole. Some nice breaks, but no dry ones.

Probably the same record on differing labels.

I just get depressed everytime I go to that site. I'd like a job working for them.

Book does look dope though. Another Xmas pressie for myself methinks.

• spcspc 534 Posts

This one is Made In England. Not many other details.
    Other classics include, ' A Swingey Thingey' & 'Tucky Tucky Me'.
    Has that late 60s English film comedy vibe, but pretty good on the whole. Some nice breaks, but no dry ones.
    Probably the same record on differing labels.

I just get depressed everytime I go to that site. I'd like a job working for them.
    Book does look dope though. Another Xmas pressie for myself methinks.

It's a birthday present from me for me

I'd rather work on library documentary dvd + book, but moviegrooves would also be nice.

• spcspc 534 Posts
    So, is it true, I know something nobody else knows ?

• Holy crap... Love that. Well done... No idea what it is. I can't hear any vinyl surface noise...Hmmmn!

Track 3 on same album = 'Sofa King'.

• ^^^ Fark, how'd I miss that. Mouse, what a lazy cunt...
    He sped the other one up, so at least he chopped the violins for this one..

Well spotted.

• spcspc 534 Posts
    Ok, here it is:

http://www.emperornorton.com/mod/artistpage.php3?artist=logans_sanctuary/

Seems to be a future for me, I love that record from the beginning to the end, all tracks dope.

amazon.com has the cds starting from 5 US $. I got the vinyl for 15 $ somewhere on the internet, can't remember where.

• spcspc 534 Posts
    Did anybody else know that record?

• Ha... You know' what's funny.
    I was thinking about this & pulled out the 'Soul Ecstacy' soundtrack on Emperor Norton thinking it was defintely from that. It wasn't.. but now you say it's from Logan's Sanctuary' which is on the same label & I also have...

Just listened to the CD... Ha, it's 'Metropia'.

Dolt... Great album.

I was thinking right label, juts wrong genre of film soundtrack...

• Ok, here it is:

http://www.emperornorton.com/mod/artistpage.php3?artist=logans_sanctuary/

Seems to be a future for me, I love that record from the beginning to the end, all tracks dope.

amazon.com has the cds starting from 5 US $. I got the vinyl for 15 $ somewhere on the internet, can't remember where.
    yo spc, what affiliation did you have with emperor norton. that was the old home ugly duckling? peace, stein. . .

• Probably the same as me, an OWNER of an Emperor Norton record.

Stein, Why'd you guys leave EM...
    They don't seem to be doing much these days. Is that the reason? Kooky label.

• Probably the same as me, an OWNER of an Emperor Norton record.

we didn't leave. they sold their catalog to THE RYKO GROUP. everyone lost their jobs. we are doing a tune with fantastic plastic machine right now if you like them. peace, stein. . .

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Probably the same as me, an OWNER of an Emperor Norton record.

we didn't leave. they sold their catalog to THE RYKO GROUP. everyone lost their jobs. we are doing a tune with fantastic plastic machine right now if you like them. peace, stein. . .

thats funny, cause im pretty sure they sampled the beggining of that same track. Havent heard them since high school.