THIS IS HOW WE GET DOWN IN COPENHAGEN!

upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
a little something i did with my boy (the awesome) dj scratchmagic setting the decks on fiyarrr!!!http://s50.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0N79C5NM70R1D3UB63DYITYGIYdedicated to the hope of better days to come worldwide...

Comments

• So dope, yet so 64k

Very professional & musical.. Straight banger... Thansk for taht.

Speaking of Danes. What are Noize, Typhoon & Static up to these days...?

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    So dope, yet so 64k

-> R*s, is it because you're bootlegger paranoid that you're uploading your tracks in 64 kbps? 128 kbps is the minimum, 160 is better, 192 is preferred. Don't be stingy with the bitrate, bro. And you're biting my cowbells, too .

Speaking of Danes. What are Noize, Typhoon & Static up to these days...?

Nice to hear that the good folks Down Under know about some DK DJs.

The last few years Typhoon has been busy with the 3 Nobody Beats The Beats compilations, which featured a couple of tracks from Upskiboo and myself:

http://www.nobodybeatsthebeats.com/

Noize does his weekly thing on Danish National Radio:

http://www.dr.dk/p3/noize/

He is getting more and more into production, but of course still does the occasional DJ cameo on other peoples tracks and performing with the Nobody Beats The Beats tour band.

Static just released an album with his longtime MC partner NatIll called 'Teamwork':

He is doing a lot of production and DJing at clubs.

• Ha, yeah we know what's going on worldwide.
    That's what you get for being stuck on a bloody huge island at the bottom of the world...
    We seek out anything from anywhere. Noize toured here about 8 years ago. Nice chap.

I think I bought something recently & he produced the b-side. Nuts I can't recall.

Thanks for the links...

Anytime you have something coming out, send our way & we'll put it in the mag...
    Unlike some on here we actually get down with hip hop from any country... Providing it's good of course.

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    The last few years Typhoon has been busy with the 3 Nobody Beats The Beats compilations, which featured a couple of tracks from Upskiboo and myself:

is typhoon on the net at all? ive been wanting to send him a demo for a couple of years. seems impossible to get in touch with him.

tracks by both you and upiskiboo you say, whats your aliases? i like those compilations alot!

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    tracks by both you and upiskiboo you say, whats your aliases? i like those compilations alot!

[shameless self-plugging]

My alias is The Phobos Peepl and Upskiboo calls himself Claesson. Along with 4 other friends we had a collective/record company called Stylus Force some years ago. We did 6 releases. if you are from Sweden, you might have heard of this one:

I just released a soundtrack for a danish documentary film together with another ex-Stylus Force member named Woody. You can check out a 10 minute sampler of all the tracks, mixed by DJ Steen Rock, right here:

http://www.phobospeepl.dk

[/shameless self-plugging]

• ^^ That 10 min mix is filth. Wish it went for an hour...
    I can't work out what the film is about. It's all a bit Danske to me...

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts

is typhoon on the net at all? ive been wanting to send him a demo for a couple of years. seems impossible to get in touch with him.

check your PMs dawg

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    So dope, yet so 64k

-> R*s, is it because you're bootlegger paranoid that you're uploading your tracks in 64 kbps? 128 kbps is the minimum, 160 is better, 192 is preferred. Don't be stingy with the bitrate, bro. And you're biting my cowbells, too .

yo thanks for lettin me know bout the uploading, im still new to the world of mp3's...

airto on acid couldnt bite your cowbells homeboy... anyways, which ones are you talkin about???

congrats on the website, looks cool mang!

• thanks for your mix, i??m downloading it atm. also thanks @m_dejean for the dj noize onlineradio info.
    anyone knows what goes with dj shine? did he ever made a mixtape or a radioshow?
    btw, for all the guys who slept on some static stuff, check this:

these are some must have mixes, how he mixed the tracks is definetly , no joke

static for president