Weird sh*t you've seen or experienced lately...

drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
I didn't know what else to call this post, but this is what I saw taped between the elevators in my apartment building:

Feel free to contribute with stories of , or situations that you've experienced recently.

Comments

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    Just yesterday outside of our store this lady and this couple were argueing about a parking spot. Amd the funny thing about it was that it was one of those Seinfeld situations where the lady tried to park headfirst while the couple tried to back in the spot. So the couple threw some curses at her and juts left their car the way it was and cam right into our store. Funny shit.

• got home from DJing a friend's party at 2am. my neighbor who uses his loft (next to ours) as a photography studio seemed to be pumping some heavy bassed trance shit. it went on from 2am til 9am when my wife and i got the fuck out of dodge (to go record digging of course). when we called him at 4am, he said: "i'm not even in my studio, it must be my assistant." i banged on the door and rang the bell, but never got an answer. turns out the assistant was drunk and left the stereo on full blast after she left. when we returned this afternoon, the music had stopped, and there was a bag of fresh croissants at our front door with an apology note...weird.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    at the market this morning i overheard an elderly woman tell her equally elderly husband that he should be "put to death like a horse."

i don't know how weird that is, but i got a kick out of it.

• I hit the atm last week and when I stepped up, before I put my card in, it said "would you like to proceed with this transaction?" So i clicked on "yes" and it asked me for my password and i put in 1111 just to see if it would work. Sure enough, "select how much cash" and I canceled it. Trying to keep my karma right. And for those of you using 1111 you really need to steop your pin game up.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I was driving my truck at work yesterday, and turned on to this narrow one-way road. This 20-something girl was driving an SUV the wrong way down the street right at me...a car ahead of me was up on the sidewalk, already having swerved off-road to avoid being hit by the maniac...I stomped on the brakes before I had a head-on collision with her. She side-swiped a parked car, doing considerable damage to their driver side door, I was reflexively blowing my horn at her and going "wrong way!" she flipped me off and was yelling silently at me behind glass as she flew by, cutting across the tight little street and shooting out the wrong way into the intersection I had just come from, not stopping to deal with, or even noticing, the car she had just crashed into...

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    oh yeah, and THIS

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    Today, in Detroit, on my street, I saw a fucking tumbleweed rolling across the road. I shit you not. A fucking tumbleweed!! I had to fucking turn around cause I thought I might have stumbled into some "pistols at dawn" type shit. But, no, I was just driving in Detroit. I stopped the car and took a picture of it. I'll post it sometime later this week. That is, unless mylantacy bans me like I asked.

A goddamn tumbleweed, man.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Today, in Detroit, on my street, I saw a fucking tumbleweed rolling across the road. I shit you not. A fucking tumbleweed!! I had to fucking turn around cause I thought I might have stumbled into some "pistols at dawn" type shit. But, no, I was just driving in Detroit. I stopped the car and took a picture of it. I'll post it sometime later this week. That is, unless mylantacy bans me like I asked[/b].

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    Today, in Detroit, on my street, I saw a fucking tumbleweed rolling across the road. I shit you not. A fucking tumbleweed!! I had to fucking turn around cause I thought I might have stumbled into some "pistols at dawn" type shit. But, no, I was just driving in Detroit. I stopped the car and took a picture of it. I'll post it sometime later this week. That is, unless mylantacy bans me like I asked[/b].

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    I hit the atm last week and when I stepped up, before I put my card in, it said "would you like to proceed with this transaction?" So i clicked on "yes" and it asked me for my password and i put in 1111 just to see if it would work. Sure enough, "select how much cash" and I canceled it. Trying to keep my karma right. And for those of you using 1111 you really need to steop your pin game up.

ATMofficethug.com

• dayday 9,612 Posts

Feel free to contribute with stories of , or situations that you've experienced recently.

http://soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=494468&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=7&fpart=1

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I didn't know what else to call this post, but this is what I saw taped between the elevators in my apartment building:

'If it was one of your guests, get better friends"

• I went through a pretty severe health scare last week. To put it short I spent all last weekend in complete misery and anguish fearing that I might have cancer. Thankfully (a definite understatment) I'm safe and healthy.

The experience has really changed my outlook on life. It's weird how much you think differently when you feel like your life is about to change for the worst/end. You think more of your family, friends, what's really valuable, what isn't, and all the shit that you allow to bother you everyday.

Endless thanks to the homegirls and homeboys that had my back in the one of the scariest times in my life.

I didn't feel like posting this during the week but I feel it was pretty appropriate with the theme of this thread.

Sorry to be a damper, keep on putting up the funny stories.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    damn dude, hope you're okay

• I went through a pretty severe health scare last week. To put it short I spent all last weekend in complete misery and anguish fearing that I might have cancer. Thankfully (a definite understatment) I'm safe and healthy.

The experience has really changed my outlook on life. It's weird how much you think differently when you feel like your life is about to change for the worst/end. You think more of your family, friends, what's really valuable, what isn't, and all the shit that you allow to bother you everyday.

Endless thanks to the homegirls and homeboys that had my back in the one of the scariest times in my life.

I didn't feel like posting this during the week but I feel it was pretty appropriate with the theme of this thread.

Sorry to be a damper, keep on putting up the funny stories.
    thanks for sharing this. glad your still alive to contribute. peace, stein. . .

• damn dude, hope you're okay

word up guys. yeah man I'll be fine. nothing serious/life threatening.

• on the night of 10/14 (early 10/15), i was on the I-95 in connecticut and we passed by an accident that must have just happened. A bunch of people had already stopped to check it out/help, but no police had arrived yet so the scene was "raw". i wrote the following in an email to a family member later that night, as it was freaking me out:

I-95, 2 Am, were in connecticut somewhere enroute to Boston. traffic stops hard, traffic all going to one lane, big accident - no flashers though. A cop pulls up right as we get to the scene, turns out hes the *first responder*. This thing just happened. 2 cars and one flatbed towtruck, car 1 is a sedan, facing the wrong way in #2 lane, looks banged up but fair. theres a guy lying on the road to the left of the flatbed, with another dude stooping over him, looks like hes keeping him company. too dark to tell if the dudes 'ok' or not. flatbeds got a major accordioned piece of car on its rear corner and huge bumper fragments of same (?) car all around that. in front of the flatbed truck, car pieces and random shit all over the road. then car #2, a fucking mess of an SUV. obvously rolled big time, all doors open or missing. im thinking the SUV nailed the first car, slammed into the flatbed and was flipped into the air somehow, rolling past the point where the flatbed stopped. Anyway, amongst the shit all over the road is a guy lying partly on his back, arms out and up above his head (snow angel style), but his waist is twisted around so his legs are on their side at a funny angle, his asscrack is showing in the bright headlights of the flatbed truck, because his pants were nearly pulled off. His eyes are wide open staring to the sky, his mouth is wide open and is covered in blood that likely came from inside. That dude is stone dead. fuck.

I wasnt driving, we didnt stop. but that guys face will never leave my head i think. sorry for the bummer contribution, but thats how it went down. It was a reminder that EMTs and first responders see that sort of thing daily, i dont know how they deal.