JAMES BROWN REISUE APPRECIATION

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
... namely this "Can I Get Some Help" EXTENDED 8:45 minute 12".Fucking fucking fucking fuck fucking fucking FUCK.I have so much love for these reissues/booties/whatever they are. They sound SO FUCKING GOOD. All that Urban shit too.Man, Can I Get Some Help indeed. My favorite shit. Good god.That is all.

Comments

• ... namely this "Can I Get Some Help" EXTENDED 8:45 minute 12".

Fucking fucking fucking fuck fucking fucking FUCK.

I have so much love for these reissues/booties/whatever they are. They sound SO FUCKING GOOD. All that Urban shit too.

Man, Can I Get Some Help indeed. My favorite shit. Good god.

That is all.

The alternate take different version of people get up and drive your funky soul is dooooooooooppppe. the dagga daga dagga intros to the black caesar one is also definitely worth it.

• word

i'd much rather have a loud 12 inch (bootleg or not) than a 45 split into parts 1 & 2

• DenmarkVZDenmarkVZ 397 Posts
    cosiggle. there were also some josie meters 12s that were around for a minute that sound retarded. i almost hesitated buying them (have the lps and 45s), but thank God I did. Simply Vinyl is putting out some good 12 reish too.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    ... namely this "Can I Get Some Help" EXTENDED 8:45 minute 12".

sum of these are from the "make it funky" cd set which has sum dope alternate takes or pts. 1,2, + 3 of jams spliced togethor. i know that "unwind yourself" with the extra long drum intro is from the "jb presents funky divas" comp.
    some of these i have no idea??

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    the dagga daga dagga intros to the black caesar one is also definitely worth it.

I had that shit on repeat for like an hour, until my girl smacked me on the head..

dagga daga dagga!

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    Cosign. I somehow enjoy those red label joints more than Urban & Simply Vinyl editions.

• Me too

• Art_FormArt_Form 188 Posts
    Gotta luv the Godfather!

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    The King records christmas comp that came out in recent, is still the only christmas record I can listen to.

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts

James Brown reissues are like UBB comps to me = i just GOT TO have em all!

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    I wholeheartedly cosign with Mr. Baker. I've been copping doubles of all the Sound of Champions 12"s for the same reasons mentioned above.
    I need that Drive Your Funky Soul 12" tho! Someone guide me to the holy land por favor.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    cool

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts

Amen, you have a witness etc etc...

Along with the glut of recent, decent JB re-issues and edits, TTLab have a James Brown 12 called "Let Yourself Go":

TTLab:I Can???t Stand Myself Pts 1 &2??? are edited together, and ???Papa???s Got A Brand New Bag Pts 1,2 &3??? are here in the unreleased complete take, at the original tempo. Pretty wicked. Also includes the clomp-friendly ???Bring It Up??? and the previously unreleased ???Let Yourself Go.???.

Previously unrealesed on any format? I have Let Yourself Go on a 45... admittedly, it's a jukebox 45, but 'legit' from the era as it were.

• I wholeheartedly cosign with Mr. Baker. I've been copping all the Sound of Champions 12"s for the same reasons mentioned above.
    I need that Drive Your Funky Soul 12" tho! Someone guide me to the holy land por favor.

That first(?) Sound of Champions 12" has an alternate take of "Mind Power" on it w/ a breakdown that puts most breakbeatrear to shame

The extended "Drive your funky soul" was first released on the UK "Motherlode" lp from the late eighties, which also features "she's the one", "funk bomb" and more.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    the Sound of Champions 12"s

are killin it right now. Loud wide groove version of Escapism? Yes plaese.