Saafir Boxcar Sessions OG Check? Reissue check?

ArtifactorArtifactor 887 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
I came across a Saafir Boxcar Sessions LP today. It had a green label and I was wondering if it was ever repressed with the green label. Left behind cuz it was 18 bucks and wasn't sure if it was OG. Thanks.

Comments

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    OG's got the SRC logo in the runout.

• I bought a copy of this a few years back when a guy I know came up on a bunch of them. There'd been a bootleg press back in the day, but this one wasn't that original repress and looked legit. Well, turns out it was a new repress and also not the original. I gotta say I wasn't happy I paid good money for a damn repress. I think it was around the same price as the one you passed up. My repress has a green label too with white text. Represses of contemporary albums annoy the hell out of me.

I can dig up the pics of my repress later on when I'm on my other computer. I tried selling the album on eBay once, not realizing it was a repress at the time, so I have some good pictures of the label for reference. Had to pull my auction when somebody mailed me wanting to make sure it was original, and after I did some research I figured out it was a repress.